Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Good News!

On Monday I got a call from the specialist at the hospital. They had gotten the results back from my amnio. It turns out that the baby and I have the same blood type. So what does this mean? I am just a normal pregnant person now! Ya! No more high risk, no more going to the doctor every week. This baby should not be affected from my Rh problems at all.

This is the same thing that happened with Paxton, only that we found out with Paxton when I was much further along. So we should have a healthy baby that hopefully will not spend any extra time in the hospital. It is really weird for me though, to go from being so high risk and worrying about the baby to being completely fine and having no problems at all. One thing that I was concerned about still was that ultrasounds the doctor would do and checking the dopplers on the artery in the baby's brain, this baby was still showing signs that it was having problems. But the doctor told me that the dopplers they do are not completely accurate. There is a 15% false positive rate and that is why they only use it as a guideline.

2 comments:

Merri Hackett said...

Very good news! I can't wait to meet Axle.

The Mom said...

Maren - wonderful news! So happy for you! Can't wait to meet your new little one!