He ran in his first 5K this last weekend and did pretty well. He ran it in 26:32, which is about a 8.5 minute mile. He has done really well, but his knee is starting to hurt him, so we'll have to see what happens. I was really exciting to have him want to start exercising, but now I am worried that I won't be able to keep up with him.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Mark's new hobby
If you all know Mark at all, you will be completely surprised by what he has been doing lately. He has started running. This is coming from the man that would drive the dune buggy down 3 houses to the mailbox and drive his truck from his apartment to the library not even 100 yards away in college. Lets just say that he does not spend a lot of time exercising.
He ran in his first 5K this last weekend and did pretty well. He ran it in 26:32, which is about a 8.5 minute mile. He has done really well, but his knee is starting to hurt him, so we'll have to see what happens. I was really exciting to have him want to start exercising, but now I am worried that I won't be able to keep up with him.
He ran in his first 5K this last weekend and did pretty well. He ran it in 26:32, which is about a 8.5 minute mile. He has done really well, but his knee is starting to hurt him, so we'll have to see what happens. I was really exciting to have him want to start exercising, but now I am worried that I won't be able to keep up with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
love the picture! I really hope Mark's knee is feeling better, hopefully it will just go away, right? :( We can't wait until you join the club!
Mark, WOW!!!! I didn't know you had it in you! That's great, keep it up!
Post a Comment