Every year we cut down our own Christmas tree and it is absolutely one of my favorite traditions. I honestly don't know what I would do if I had a fake tree or had to go buy one at the tree farm. I love getting our family all dressed up for the cold and spending time with cousins and aunts and uncles, hiking all over the mountain for the perfect tree!
5 comments:
Mark-
Do you remember those trees we cut down and hauled on the mission car in Newark? I think that was the first (and only) time I'd helped cut down my own tree.
Glad you posted about this. It's our favorite tradition as well. We were sad to miss it.
I love and miss that tradition! Sadly, we have our little charlie brown tree that's survived 5 Christmas' and hopefully 4 more! We just can't let it go now! I'm glad you guys had fun!
that's awesome! I want to come see it! we bought one from the lot down the street. but we can't do a fake tree...they just don't do it for me!
sweet! you guys know how to rough it! you and Mark would be great at tri's by the way!!! We could all do one together. look at trifind.com for all the races.
Post a Comment