We have been trying to go camping all summer long, and we finally got to go. We convinced (which wasn't hard to do) Mark's parents to bring their trailer and camp with us at Potter's Pond, which is close to Mark's home town. And camping in the trailer is probably the best way to camp, although I do love to stay in the tent too. Mark was able to take Friday off and we headed up early Friday morning. As soon as we started up Fairview, and I saw all the dark green leaves and the pretty flowers I said that I wished we could camp for a whole week. It was beautiful. I haven't seen that many wild flowers for a long time.
All Conner wanted to do was go fishing. He was so excited and the little boys were too. Ryder caught on really fast and had a blast just casting his little fishing pole out into the water.
Paxton was excited too, but then he figured it was more fun to just throw his entire fishing pole into the water and then have grandma get it out for him and then do it again. So Paxton and I ended up going for a little walk and throwing rocks in the water.
With grandpa's help we caught several fish and even kept 4 of them and cooked them in the fire pit with our dinner. Conner loved it and was so excited to eat the fish he caught.
We went for a short ride and found a big land slide. Later we found out that a sign was posted that no one should go past and there was a $5000 fine per person for anyone that did pass it. Its a good thing we didn't get caught!

They had lots of fun playing in all the dirt. If you know Paxton, it should be no surprise that he needed a bath!
We had lots of fun but I think I will wait until our kids are a little bit older to plan a week long camping trip. It is still a lot of work chasing them around.






2 comments:
we have decided that 2 nights is tops for us right now. we've done it twice now and it's been great! looks like a beautiful place to camp.
So fun, but you're right SO MUCH WORK!
Post a Comment