Monday, October 8, 2007

October is Down syndrome Awareness month!

October is Down syndrome awareness month and I am a little late getting started on this. I don't think I can express how having a child with Down syndrome has affected our lives. There was a time that I didn't know if I could do this, but there are so many people that have helped us along this journey and have made me realize what a joy it is to have Paxton in our lives. There are times that I forget about the Down syndrome. He will always be my perfect little boy and we love him so much no matter what. He is such a blessing to have in our family. He loves to play with Conner and tries to wrestle with him. He gives the best hugs in the whole entire world. He just learned how to give kisses and they are the best open mouth slobbery kisses. He has taught us in this short time to not judge others and to always look for the best in others, to not set limitations and how amazing it is to reach milestones that you are working so hard on. Paxton, we love you so much and are so glad you are a part of our family.




3 comments:

Keri said...

So sweet. Paxton is a real cutie. I love having him around.

Anonymous said...

Those are some cute boys you have there! Paxton was sooo tiny when he was born! And Conner used to have chubby cheeks. I also think Paxton gives the best hugs in the world! Such a cuddle-bug.

Karen said...

Aaaahhh. Maren that makes me cry! You two are the best parents Packy could ask for! He is blessed to be in your home. And we all love your little Paxton!