Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

Those words have never sounded so good! I can't tell you how excited we are to have finally found a house. Let's just say that it has been a long time coming. We had been looking at houses for almost 6 months. We had probably 10 offers in on short sales and foreclosed properties that we weren't getting any feedback on. So when we found this house we really moved fast.

We looked at it on a Friday night, we had our accepted offer on Saturday afternoon and then we closed 10 days after that. It was pretty quick. We were getting ready to move in the day after we closed on our loan and the "lovely" (to say it nicely) mortgage company ran out of money and they couldn't fund our loan. So we had to wait a couple more days for them to come up with the money and we were finally able to move in. I guess looking back it wasn't so bad, but we were really disappointed and frustrated and worried that something would fall through and we wouldn't get the house. But everything turned out fine and we are so excited to be in our home.

It is a 3000 sq ft rambler with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths on the main floor with an unfinished basement. It is pretty much what we have always wanted in a home. Mark is really excited to finish the basement and I love that I have a storage room and lots more storage/closets on the main floor. I even have empty cupboards in my kitchen. We will have to put in a yard again, but we are already planning it out and excited to work in the yard this summer.

I'll have to post more pictures as we get more settled.

10 comments:

Jason said...

That is fantastic. Congratulations!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Maren! I left a comment on another post but I don't think it worked. If it ever shows up, oh well... How are you? So fun to find your blog and catch up. I've been wondering since I got your christmas card...when you added beautiful baby Ryder and why you moved back to your mom's! Now I know why. Your beautiful little family is absolutely precious.

-Love, Elizabeth

Olsen Family said...

Hooray! The house looks beautiful. I wish we were there to help you with the moving process, and entertain the kids for you. Miss you!

Tara said...

It looks so cute! I want to come see it! Maybe when we get together for our little picnic thing with Jules. Great find.

Nicole said...

YEAH!!!! it's a really PRETTY home too!! congrats!! it does sound like an excellent find! wish we could find a twin for us...we're kind of looking in orem. :) only, i think i've decided to retire from my sprinkler installation job...permanently. haha! congrats again! hope your new neighbors are as cool as we are! ;P jk, i'm sure they're great! :)

Karen said...

I had a dream last night, that you guys bought ANOTHER house and were moving again. Weird pregnancy dreams.

shelby said...

Congrats you guys!

Janene said...

Congratulations! It looks so cute!

~~heather said...

Maren! I thought that was YOU!!! Maria Wilkey and I have been working at that model home just east of you!! (By the walking trail!) We are in the trailer out front now a couple of times a week... if you get bored come say hi! (And don't worry...we are trying to find you some great neighbors like the ones you had around here!) CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!! It is such a pretty home! We will miss you over here!

Tammy said...

yeah congrats!! That is so exciting. We're ready to party! hehe