I made me a new skirt. I absolutely love to sew but I just never find the time to do it, but 2 hours of nap time was all I needed. I made this skirt out of denim I had in my cedar chest for probably 5 years. So it was free! (Mark will probably make fun of me for putting a picture of myself on here, but oh well, I was excited for my new skirt.)
I swear that my kids can destroy anything in no time flat. This is what my house looks like everyday. I just recently had a conversation with some friends about having a couch that doesn't have pillows, I guess I learned that tip too late!
We have been working, working, and working on our basement. I am really excited to have it done, especially for all the cold winter days. It will be nice to have the extra room to play. Hopefully we will be drywalling soon!


Conner had swimming lessons and he finally passed the first level. He had a really hard time putting his face under, but by the end of lessons he was a pro! Level 2, here we come! He had 6 little boys in his class. I think they about drove the teacher crazy but they sure had lots of fun.
We have a couple of deer that like to hang around our neighborhood. It is pretty quiet and there are lots of places for them to hide and eat my garden! They have eaten my pumpkins and my tomatoes. But our neighbor saw them the other night and had to come get us to see them too. One was a good size 4-point and then a smaller 2-point. Can you see them? They were kind of far away by the time we got our camera out.And we officially have a walker. Ryder has been taking steps forever, but he has been nervous about really walking. But he is doing it now! Ya! Look at my big boy!
6 comments:
your skirt is way cute!
go Connor!
and yay Rider! slow walkers are the best. :)
I love the skirt, and free is even better! I feel that way with dinners lately because we got so stocked up on food that I am trying to use it all, so dinner is sometimes almost free!
Walking now, running later!
my kids would love it if we had deer nearby. I heard a fence is a pretty good deterrent for deer that are eating your garden. looks like chicken wire for you?
LOVE the skirt! i did the same thing when mike was small...with some denim my mom had had for years! there's just something satisfying about virtually creating something out of nothing!! it's still one of my favorite skirts too! haha!
congrats on getting stuff done on the basement....same feeling of satisfaction, i'm sure! love it when i can actually get stuff done!
learning to walk and swim, sewing and basement stuff...no wonder you've been busy! fun to see what's going on with you all!
Wow! no wonder the Kindergarten teacher gave you a sewing project! I must not look like the "type" ha ha ha. Go Maren!
There are deer near your house? I guess they don't come to mine. We do have mice though (living outside)
P.S. I have pictures of Connor from Reuben's bday party, email me so I can get your email address:
leannejanelle @ gmail
Good for you for doing your skirt! Mark shouldn't make fun of you because you're one hot mama! ;) A
nd my couch looks the exact same way. My boys love to pile the pillows up and jump from the arm rests onto the pillows... I wonder when our next broken arm will happen...
Post a Comment