Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Fun

We have been spending the last couple Fridays with my dad, doing something I never thought I would do. We have started riding horses. I haven't ridden a horse for over 10 years and I have never ridden by myself.
My dad's friend told my dad about a little boy with autism that has been riding horses and has really improved in many areas. So my dad thought that it would be really fun to take Paxton, which turns into taking all of us, at least until school starts in a few weeks. I took the pictures with my phone so they aren't very good quality.
Paxton and Lane
I don't think that smile can get any bigger!
Conner riding all by himself

Grandpa with Ryder and Lane with Paxton waving to each other

I have ridden too the last two weeks as well but there aren't any pictures of me. It has been so much fun. Paxton loves it and when he sees the horses he gets really excited. He loves to make the sound of a horse and loves to wave to anyone that goes by. Conner is doing really well too. At first he was really nervous and just wanted to watch but Lane threw him up on a horse and rode off with him and he came back loving it. The last two times we have ridden Conner has "controlled" the horse by himself. He is pretty excited that he has "controlled" a horse and Daddy hasn't.

5 comments:

Lily said...

Okay Maren, I need to ask, how tall are you and how tall is Mark? All your posts are so cute. So cool you're getting all those vegi's from your garden this year. :)

Romie said...

Cute little cowboys :)

Leanne said...

That is awesome. Look at the joy in Paxton's face!!
I'm kind of jealous...but I don't think I could ride a horse by myself though. Way to go Connor!!

camille said...

How fun!!! I love that Paxton and Ryder wave to eachother! so cute. I love to ride, i am jealous!

shelby said...

sounds like your kiddos had fun!