Paxton had his tonsils and adenoids out last Thursday, along with another tube put in his right ear. He did ok with it but had a few issues. His oxygen level would not stay up, so we ended up staying in the hospital a couple hours later than we thought. Finally the ENT and anesthesiologist decided that he would be ok and let us go home. Paxton did ok that first day and then things kind of went downhill.
By Sunday he was not drinking anything or wanting to take his medicine. I had been fighting him so much to drink and get medicine down him that he was really mad at me and had gotten really good at spitting his medicine out in my face. He spent the whole day just laying on the couch, in and out of sleep. Mark and I were really worried about him and called the doctor. He told us to try a different medicine and if things weren't better in a couple hours to take him back to the hospital. Well, he didn't get any better, so we headed to the ER. They just hooked him up to IV fluids for a couple hours and sent us back home. The nurse we had was really helpful though and she gave us lots of good ideas to help him feel better.
I guess that I thought it would be a lot easier that it was, Paxton is usually really good about everything that he has done to him and he loves popcicles and ice cream, but it just wasn't happening. But he is feeling tons better now and hopefully will continue to heal.
I have some really cute pictures of him at the hospital that I took with my phone, but I need Mark to help me put them on here. But here are some other pics.
Monday morning before Daddy left for work

Monday afternoon feeling a little bit better, enough to get up and play for a few minutes

1 comment:
Oh Bless his heart. I'm glads he's getting better.
Post a Comment